- 1 head of radicchio
- 2.5 ounces baby greens
- 2 Bosc pears, cored, quartered, and sliced into ½ inch chunks
- ¾ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 3 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons toasted walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Slowly pour in the walnut oil, followed by the olive oil, whisking continuously with your other hand, until the mixture is emulsified. Smash the garlic clove with a side of a knife and add it to the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the radicchio in half, remove the core, and slice the radicchio perpendicularly into 3/4-inch-thick ribbons. Combine the radicchio and mixed greens in a large salad bowl. Add the pear chunks, walnuts, and pomegranate arils.
- Slowly add the vinaigrette to lightly coat the greens, and gently toss the salad. Top the salad with the crumbled gorgonzola cheese and serve immediately.